Top SEO Experts To Follow In 2021 - Semalt
Table of Contents
- Experts vs the others
- Characteristics of SEO Experts
- Top SEO Experts you should be following in 2021
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most important aspects of digital marketing. Without it, your website would be lost in the sea of the worldwide Web. SEO entails the maintenance of your website's visibility which in turn helps to improve the amount of organic traffic it generates. While this definition may sound simple, SEO involves a lot of constant work and study. It is not a one-time thing neither does one knowledge of it stay static. SEO techniques, tactics, tools, and methods change regularly and you might not be able to catch up to it by yourself. You'll need the help of other people (experts) to not only discover the full magnitude of SEO power but also to update you on the improvements.
Not to worry, the SEO experts that know the ins and outs of SEO are not hidden from the world. If you look deep, you'll find them on your social media platforms, the news, blogs, on YouTube, and of course on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). However, things have been made easy because the top SEO experts for this year, 2021 would be mentioned in this article. Following these masters would help you keep track of the latest developments in the field as well as stay on top of your game.
Experts vs the others
A lot goes into being an expert at something. You have to know what it is you are good at. But much more than knowing, you have to practice it to the extent that people know you with it. A lot of people know SEO. Heck, some are even very good at it. But they cannot be categorized as experts because many of them don't practice it every day, while others are not known with it.
SEO is a pretty wide topic. It covers a lot from website creation and management to the on-page content, to the marketing. That's on-page, off-page, and technical SEO. Each of these sections is so broad that some people specialize in only one of the three (mostly the technical part). However, a true expert of SEO would know and practice all three, REGULARLY. He or she should read, study, analyze, and develop a website until it reaches the top goal - top visibility on Google's result page as well as ranking higher than competitors.
So it can be concluded that there are many SEO writers, SEO bloggers, SEO YouTubers, SEO social media influencers, and so on - but there are few people / agencies that are experts at providing SEO services and seeing results. It is more than a hobby, it is a job that requires up-to-date skills and techniques.
Characteristics of SEO experts
As mentioned earlier, there are a lot of people that know about SEO or talk about it on their social media platforms and their blogs. But that doesn't make them experts. Yes, they know about it, might be good at it, but how often do they practice it and how much SEO do they use daily? Some things make a person or an agency to be an SEO expert and those things are:
1. Adaptability and Curiosity
Algorithms change. So do keywords and ranking factors. They don't always remain the same and SEO experts are expected to adapt to the changes. A true SEO expert has to remain up-to-date with the latest improvements in all sectors of SEO. This means that he or she (or the organization) has to be able to adapt easily to the changes. The expert should also be curious about the algorithms, how they work, how to work with & against them, as well as why they are better than the former. This would help to better understand the algorithms and provide the best services.
2. Marketing Is Part of the Job
Apart from being a good chameleon, a good SEO expert has to be into digital marketing also. What's the use of a well-optimized website if no one sees it right? Although Google already helps a well-optimized page, however, marketing the brand only makes the result appear faster. Terms like PPC, SEM, and so on cannot be a stranger to an SEO expert. And again, it is a lot more than knowing. It includes practice too.
3. The Person or Organization Must Understand the Three Tiers of SEO
SEO is categorized into three (as earlier mentioned); they are on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO. And a true SEO expert should know and practice all three. On-page SEO involves the content of the website and valuable or relevant it is. It included things like HTML, keywords, the meta-tag, internal links, title page, and so on. Off-page SEO, on the other hand, has to do with how the optimized website is fairing with another website within its niche. This is primarily based on natural linking, bounce rates, and so on. Finally, Technical SEO (the most commonly practiced SEO) is about the general mobile and desktop appearance of the site. The page loading speed, on-page structuring, user experience, and so on are a part of this category. These three categories are what make up the entire body of SEO, and an expert should practice them all.
4. Presence Of Excellent Communication Skill and Team Work
Do you recall the part of this article that says "SEO is a wide topic?" It covers technical skills and knowledge about SEO tools, engagement, digital marketing, web development, web crawlers, website indexation, keywords, URLs, natural linking, HTTPS, content writing, visibility, meta titles, search console, API, PPC, SEM, redirects, and so on. It needs the help of various practitioners too. To be an SEO expert, you have to know and do a lot. That's why most SEO experts are a team and not individuals. They also have to know how to communicate their terminologies in simple words so that their customers, viewers, or students understand quickly.
5. Finally, there has to be a Big Picture
An expert meets a need, a goal, and an objective. It is not done as a hobby, nor to gain popularity. It is a job. An expert does what he / she does to help businesses reach their goals. And that's what makes an SEO expert different from SEO writers, SEO bloggers, SEO YouTubers, SEO social media influencers, and so on.
Top SEO Experts you should be following in 2021
Now that you know the difference between SEO bloggers and experts, you should not expect some names you might be used to seeing on Google. These sets of people are not only practicing SEO regularly, but they are also notable enough to be referenced on top levels. They are the topmost sets to be reckoned with and they can bring you all the latest updates you'll need to stay on track in your SEO journey. Most of them are not individuals (they are a team of individuals), and many of them have over 10 years of experience in SEO and SEO services. The top SEO experts to follow in 2021 are:
- Semalt: Semalt is a company that specializes in offering both free and paid SEO tools for online business. And the goal is to rank high, stay optimized, and increase sales and revenue. Their team comprises specialists in on-page SEO, off-page SEO, technical SEO, and marketing. They also have other specialists in content writing, graphic designing, web development, and so on. They are experts because they not only serve out SEO tools to help their customers, they have billions of positive testimonials on how good they are at what they do.
- Google Experts: Some groups of people that work with Google are also known to be experts in their field (SEO) after years of practice and gathering of knowledge. They also share with people vital information about how to optimize a website for the search engine. Some of them are Danny Sullivan, Martin Splitt, John Mueller, Nathan Jones, and Gary Illyes.
- Microsoft Bing Experts: Another famous search engine is Bing and some of its workers have taken it upon themselves to specialize in SEO and its tools. They also help a website stay optimized according to Bing's ranking factor. They don't give general information, instead, they give out unique, relevant, and intentional information. One of them is Frederic Dubut.
- CEO and founder of DuckDuckGo: Heard of DuckDuckGo? If not, you might want to know that the СEO is a top expert you should be following. In-person of Gabriel Weinberg, he too specializes in the three tiers of SEO and serves the public with regular, updated, and relevant information on website optimization and SEO.
Following these SEO experts would not only let you in on all the latest updates, but they can also guide you into optimizing your website by yourself. However, SEO is not child's play. Get it right, and you would be on top of your competitors. You would also be trusted by your customers and drive in more traffic. However, get it wrong and you could lose even what you have. Therefore, you can step your move up a notch and hire professional SEO experts that are up to date. They would help you manage, monitor, and track your website towards the goal.